Over the years Google has made a lot of changes to YouTube. Adding features like saving videos to view offline, background playback and more. Here we’ll explain how to save or download YouTube videos or music to a mobile device.
YouTube is the best platform to access a massive amount of resources. Whether listening to music, watching videos or finding useful tutorials, it is always the first choice. However, as we all know, watching YouTube videos requires Internet connection. That’s why some people prefer to enjoy the videos when there is no Internet. The solution for this is to download them for offline viewing in advance. However, now its limited to YouTube Red member for a small fee. But it is only available in some countries like Australia, US etc.
This article is all about watching YouTube video offline on Android, iPhone and iPad device without any fee.
How to download a YouTube video for offline viewing
YouTube’s offline feature allows Android and iOS users to enjoy their favorite videos on their devices even when there is no Internet connection.
- Open updated YouTube app on your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.
- Browse the video file you want to download on your device
- Look for the download arrow button just below the video
- If not available, you will have a crossed download arrow button
- Tap the arrow and select a resolution or quality you’d like to save
- Once you select the quality, the video will begin to save on your device
How to watch YouTube offline saved video
- Saved video will be available only inside the YouTube app
- Go to the home page of YouTube and click the Account tab
- You will find Saved videos under Offline category
- Clicking this show you all the videos saved for offline viewing
To be clear, Google doesn’t approve downloading videos or music from YouTube to their Android devices, as that is technically piracy. However, they do allow certain videos to be temporarily saved offline as stated above, but you don’t get to keep it.
It is worth noting that not every video is available for offline viewing. Any video downloaded can only be played offline for up to 48 hours. After this re-sync/re-add the video if available with Internet connection.